The Sports Association for Adelaide Schools (SAAS) is a partnership of Adelaide schools
dedicated to the provision of quality sport between member schools in South Australia.
It aims to provide educational purpose and value through sporting activities and encourage
fellowship and interaction between member schools via the provision of a high quality
competition for all who participate.
Reporting to the Executive (which is comprised of member school representatives) and working closely with Sports Coordinators from member schools, this exciting position combines both strategic and operational activities and is intended to oversee enhancement and development of school sporting programs. Key responsibilities of this position include:-
- overseeing the organization and administration of all major sporting programs;
- specifically delivering programs for each sporting competition;
- positioning SAAS for growth through exploring business development, marketing and communications strategies;
- preparing the annual business plan and budget and providing financial reports and governance support to the Executive;
- proactively developing and enhancing outcome focused and collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external
The successful applicant will be dynamic, energetic and possess a desire to work with schools in a sporting environment. Equally important will be the necessary drive and enthusiasm to set the direction for the Association as it shapes to flourish in a changing environment. Sound programming, financial, business management, negotiation and strategic planning skills are all essential.
The role could suit candidates from a range of professional profiles and at various stages in their career including emerging or more seasoned operators.
For a job and person specification, please visit www.saas.asn.au/about-us/employment
Applications and enquiries in Word format only should be forwarded to:
Chair of SAAS, Nick Hately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date is 5.00pm Monday November 19, 2018