Directions have now been released for Level 2: Low Restrictions, with some additional restrictions, which will commence at 12:01am on Thursday 5th August.
This will see sporting competition return with spectator limits, plus gyms and indoor fitness centres will have increased patron numbers allowed. Directions include the following –
Density requirements –
- 1 person per 2 square metres density applies (indoor and outdoor).
- UNLESS it is an Indoor Fitness or Sporting place, where you can have 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Note – Staff and staff areas are not included in calculations.
Team, club, school and competition sports are allowed but –
- 1 person per 4 square metres for indoor sports.
- 1 person per 2 square metres for outdoor sports.
- No spectators permitted for indoor sports but one person can attend if they are required as a caregiver for a participant – they must wear a mask.
- Spectators can attend outdoor sports, but must wear a mask.
- You can only eat or drink while sitting.
- Communal food or drinks are not allowed.
- 1 person per 4 square metres at an indoor fitness facility.
- Dancefloors in dance studios must also apply the 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Outdoor fitness is restricted to 1 person per 2 square metres.
- People must still remain physically distanced and separated.
- You must wear a mask if you are not exercising.
- Note – Indoor fitness facility means gymnasiums, health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre and spin facilities, dance and pilates studios and swimming pools (other than swimming pools being used for rehabilitation purposes authorised by a health or disability practitioner).
Events & Gatherings –
- Licenced premises – 1 person per 2 square metres (even for a gathering or event).
- Gathering or event at a private place – only 10 people allowed (there must be room for 1 person per 2 square metres).
- A limit of 10 people at a home (including people who live there).
- Weddings and Funerals capped at 50 (unless it is at home), 1 person per 2 square metres limit still applies. If it is at a licenced premises then the number is determined by the capacity of the venue at 1 person per 2 square metres.
Eating & Drinking –
- No communal consumption facilities (eg: buffets, shared water stations).
- Seated food and beverage consumption only (both indoor and outdoor).
- You cannot sit at a bar where food is being prepared.
You need to wear a mask if you are in any of the following areas –
- Passenger transport services
- Shared indoor public places (not at indoor fitness facilities when undertaking exercise)
- Personal care services
- Health care services
- High risk settings
Covid Marshals remain a requirement as do Covid Safe Plans. Continue to ensure QR codes are displayed and in use by all in attendance at your club.
Full Directions can be found here – https://bit.ly/37gUqT5
We look forward to seeing sport back in action across the State this weekend.
Chief Executive Officer – Sport SA